Adding an awning to your home will truly elevate your outdoor space. It’s a fantastic outdoor feature that provides both shade and protection to your patio or verandah. However, before you can reap the benefits of having an awning at home, you’ll have to go through the process of awnings & installation Adelaide. Installing an awning can be daunting, especially for people who haven’t done it yet. But don’t worry – we got you covered! Here’s a quick and easy four-step guide to help you install your awnings the right way.
Step 1: Prepare Required Tools for Installation
The following are the necessary tools that will be used for awning installation:
- Suitable Ladder
- Tape Measure
- Drill with the complementary drill bits
- A caulking gun and the right caulk for the job
- Required ratchet and sockets
- A mounting hardware
- Eye protection
Step 2: Measure Your Awnings
Two measurements are essential for awnings, and they include finding the centre of both the door and the awning. Here are some crucial steps that you should follow:
- Locate the exact centre of your door; mark it against the wall. Do the same for your awning.
- Measure the wireframe
- Measure upon from the ground around 74 inches to 84 inches. This measurement will be for the bottom line of your awning.
- Hold the awning in place according to the marks you made on your measurements. Check to see that the door isn’t constricted in movement. You’ll need some help on this one.
Step 3: Awnings & Installation Adelaide
Make sure you follow the easy installation steps below:
- Position the mounting bar in place; check if the measurements and mounting points are parallel and level. At one end, fasten the mounting bar using the appropriate hardware.
- Go to the other end and check to see if the mounting bar in level and fasten this end as well.
- After you’ve secured these ends, fasten the other mounting bolts.
- Caulk around the edges of the mounting bar to prevent insects and moisture from getting behind it.
Step 4: Installing the Hardware
Awning installation requires camelback brackets to attach support arms and outer canopy rafters. Here are the following steps that you need for this process:
- Attach the support arms to the camelback bracket.
- Repeat this on the opposite side.
- Attach the outer canopy rafters with the pre-installed front edge trim.
- Attach the centre of the canopy rafter to the front trim and then to the top trim.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully executed proper awnings & installation Adelaide. For awning maintenance and cleaning tips, click here. You can also check out our other articles on our blog page.